To assist with our continuing growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Claims Handler to join our team.
We aim to recruit and retain the most passionate and effective people and in this full-time role, you will be responsible for providing independent advice, negotiating, defending and challenging claims on behalf of our clients.
- Handling various types of claims including care and social welfare, commercial, farm, equine, art & private clients, property owners, personal and motor
- Take ownership of claims from initial notification to settlement
- Ensure sufficient detail/documentation is secured to validate positive coverage
- Liaise with third parties, insurers, suppliers and all other relevant parties on behalf of the client whilst keeping them fully informed of the claim’s progression
- Negotiate a fast and fair settlement on behalf of clients
- Provide confidential, independent, honest and open advice to clients
- Understand and adhere to company processes and procedures
- Ensure FCA compliance at all times
- Build strong working relationships with insurers, the claims team, client account executives and wider company staff
- Excellent communicator
- Well organised and able to prioritise
- Highly adaptable
- Achievement orientation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to understand others
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team
Knowledge and Experience:
- Insurance claims handling
- Working in a customer facing role
- Query management
Experience is preferred but not essential.
If you feel this could be the role for you, then please send your CV and covering letter to Susan Lewis at Susan.Lewis@mcclarroninsurance.com or to McClarrons Ltd, The Vines, 29 Market Place, MALTON, YO17 7LP.