Rural businesses face an increasing risk of legal action being taken against them, either civil or criminal or sometimes both. There has never been a greater need for insurance cover to protect them against the legal fees and costs incurred.
Rural Protect is a management liability policy which responds to an allegation of a wrongful act in the course of running your business. This type of insurance cover has traditionally only been available to Directors of limited companies. Now, through Rural Protect, Partners and Sole Proprietors can also benefit from this wide range of cover.
The policy is issued by HB Underwriting and is underwritten by AXA Insurance Plc, one of the world’s largest Insurers. Rural Protect was created in consultation with both farmers and insurance brokers amid growing concern that current products simply didn’t provide the breadth of cover needed to support the modern business owner.
Inclusive 24 hour access to law firm rradar provides information and guidance on legal and regulatory issues, from HR to cybercrime, as well as immediate assistance, crisis management, and representation if or when needed.
- All investigations and prosecutions from all UK regulators and enforcement agencies
- Cover for action brought against individuals and/or the business
- Civil action – neighbouring farms, contract disputes, suppliers, customers, employees, competitors
- Criminal action – regulators such as HSE, DVSA (VOSA) Environment Agency, HMRC, UK Immigration, RSPCA and Police
- Covers all fees in defending you and your business: solicitors, expert witnesses, forensic accountants, barristers
- Employee Theft cover up to £100,000
- Cyber Liability
- Rent Arbitration dispute cover
- Single Farm Payment Appeals cover
- Free and unlimited advice from leading law firm, rradar 24/7
- Access to rradar’s online resource centre which hosts guidance documents and templates.